We deliver crack filling and joint sealing services—truly the first line of defense against the degradation and eventual failure of pavement. Cracks allow moisture penetration from rain, snow, salt and ice, which erodes the base of your parking lot. As these harmful substances penetrate the subbase of the pavement, the cracks widen and eventually cause potholes.
Crack sealing these gaps effectively stops the seepage of harmful substances and prolongs the life of your pavement. Proper crack sealing prevents issues from spreading while doubling the pavement’s service life. Proactive maintenance in the beginning stages of deterioration saves businesses money by delaying expensive pavement work.
Crack Sealing Process
- The cracks are routed to make uniform in depth and form a reservoir for the sealant
- Obstructions, such as vegetation, are removed from the cracks with a wire-wheel
- Hot-applied rubberized joint sealant is applied to fill the cracks
* Crack routing is necessary to ensure proper bonding. High-traffic areas are strongly encouraged for routing as long as the cracks have not already been sealed. Repair methods depend on budget, pavement downtime, and crack type. A protective reservoir for the sealant material is created through crack routing.
Advantages of Crack Sealing
- Preventative – Crack sealer is designed to seal cracks and joints from moisture.
- Superior Material – Pavement Solutions uses a hot sealer when crack sealing. Cold sealer has a tendency to pop out of the crack from temperature changes.
- Elasticity – Crack sealant moves along with the crack’s thermal movements.