PARKING LOT CRACK SEALING in MILWAUKEE, WI
Cracks can be the beginning of bigger problems for your parking lot if they aren’t fixed right away. That’s why Pavement Solutions, LLC, offers fast and effective parking lot crack sealing for Milwaukee, WI. We can remedy cracks of all sizes and shapes to keep your parking lot in good condition.
Why Cracks Are a Problem
While cracks occur naturally pastillas para la ereccion en españa due to temperature fluctuations and the natural expansion and contraction of the ground, they are unsightly and usually lead to bigger problems. A small crack may not seem like an issue, but if water gets into the crack and freezes, the crack will expand. The crack is also susceptible to more wear and tear than causes it to grow or deepen.
When left untreated, small cracks can lead to crumbling asphalt and potholes.
How We Can Help
Our sealing services use a rubberized joint sealant that fills the crack and adheres to the asphalt to fortify it and keep it together. This stops wear and tear in its tracks and reinforces your parking lot with material that is elastic and can move with the temperature changes and ground shifts.
Crack Sealing Process
- The cracks are routed to make uniform in depth and form a reservoir for the sealant
- Obstructions, such as vegetation, are removed from the cracks with a wire-wheel
- Hot-applied rubberized joint sealant is applied to fill the cracks
* Crack routing is necessary to ensure proper bonding. High-traffic areas are strongly encouraged for routing as long as the cracks have not already been sealed. Repair methods depend on budget, pavement downtime, and crack type. A protective reservoir for the sealant material is created through crack routing.
Advantages of Crack Sealing
- Preventative – Crack sealer is designed to seal cracks and joints from moisture.
- Superior Material – Pavement Solutions uses a hot sealer when crack sealing. Cold sealer has a tendency to pop out of the crack from temperature changes.
- Elasticity – Crack sealant moves along with the crack’s thermal movements.
Types of Cracks
Total structural failure. These usually start off as small longitudinal cracks in the wheel-path, and end up as alligator cracks after distress. Flexible asphalt becomes less tolerable to vertical deflections over time. Tension is created, resulting in alligator-type-cracking.
Caused by: Overall weak surface, base, and/or sub grade. A surface or base that is too thin. Poor drainage. OR all of the above.
Crescent-shaped cracks/tears in the top surface layers of the asphalt, where new materials have slipped over the underlying asphalt.
Caused by: A poor bonding between the layers. Often because of dirt, oil, and debris not allowing the layers to adhere to each other. Also may be from not using a prime-coat wasn’t used to bond the asphalt to the stone underneath; and/or a tack-coat wasn’t used to develop the bond between asphalt layers.
Parallel-appearing cracks that are near the pavement’s edge. Cracks that appear, and travel, parallel to the edges of pavement surfaces. If left ignored, the underlying base materials will begin to settle and become very weak.
Caused by: Poor drainage conditions, a weak support system at the edge of pavement, heavy traffic, and too much vegetation.
Large cracking that forms a square/rectangular pattern, intersecting at approximately 90 degrees.
Caused by: shrinkage of the asphalt pavement from temperature cycles.
Cracks that form on a flexible pavement overlay of a rigid pavement, like asphalt over the top of concrete. Joint cracks are created from improperly bonded joints.
Caused by: improperly bonded joints
(Also known as linear cracking) Cracks that are parallel to the center line of the pavement.
Caused by: Pavement fatigue, reflective cracks, and/or construction of the joints.
Call us today at 815-675-0696 to learn more about our crack sealing services for Milwaukee, WI, or submit a request below for your free quote!
Varför kroppsbyggnadsträning är bra för dig andriol träningsplan för bodybuilding.
Get a Free Quote for Crack Sealing
Let us maintain the logevity of your lot. Because — after all — a parking lot is a consumer’s first impression of the establishment as a whole.